10 'must have' Plugins
Your WordPress website once installed, is like a blank slate. You can add, modify, change and remove to build a tailor-made website that suits your specific needs.
This list is in no way exhaustive - for that, you can read from the WP Beginner blogs. (which by the way, I highly recommend)
- Insert Headers and Footers (WP). Use it (under the settings tab) to paste shortcodes given to you by google analytics, search console or webmasters. Use it also for Adsense and any code where you are required to put it after <head> or <body>. It makes an onerous and complex task so very easy.
- An SEO Optimiser like Yoast. These plugins help you to identify improvements for your text, plus other tips for optimization.
- Contact Form 7. Easy as... Happy Forms is another good form builder.
- Back up WordPress. Because you do want to have a backup file on your computer.
- Smush. Optimises images to speed up your website
- WP Super Cache. To clean up the site and keep it fast. Please note - this plugin can cause problems. If you have any site issues, deactivate this plugin first.
- WP Customer Reviews - for real-time testimonials.
- Ultimate Member - for a membership site or part thereof. You can restrict access to parts of your website with this plugin.
- WooCommerce - fantastic plugin with many applications. A must-have for your online shop.
- Shareaholic - adds social buttons to your site for everyone to share your posts and pages.
How do I install a plug in? See Lesson 7